|BeadLinks.com Home | Directory of Craft & Hobby Articles | Browse Craft & Hobby Articles from the Top | The Down The Street Bead Show
Articles on Artistic Creativity
Scrapbooking Childrens Favorite Stories
Countless memories are built during the formative childhood days. If there's an excellent means to record them down in some ways, it'll be scrapbooking.
True, we can't possibly capture every single event, but we can definitely scrap those more memorable ones onto pages.
If you've decided to scrapbook together with your kid, besides guiding them with little prompts on the journaling, you'll probably need some neat ideas to pull in those best memories.
Here's various hot-selling "stories" that you and your child can scrapbook about:
A) Story of the Birth of Baby
Kids love to read stories about themselves as babies. Having pages surrounding your child's birth will make him or her feel how much he or she is wanted by the family.
- Photo of mommy pregnant with the baby.
- Who waited for the birth?
- Who came for the hospital visit?
- Weight, length, doctor, hospital details.
- Feelings of parents about the birth of your child.
- Funny stories that happened.
- Documenting baby milestones.
- What's your kid's favorite bedtime stories?
- Photo of your kid's favorite toys.
As there's a chance that there's no photos taken during the birth, a good alternative would be to do a page on significant or historical events that happened on the day or year of your kid's birth. How to source for such information? Visit www.dmarie.com/timecap to pick up such data.
Another idea is for your kid to do a page on his or her name and birthday. Record down your kid's feelings about his or her name. Why did you and your husband come up with such a name? What's the meaning of the name? Find out what famous people share your kid's name. Find out what famous birthdays share your kid's birthday. What's the best birthday party your child had?
B) Story of Family
Family members are among the most influential people that influence a child during the growing years. Having your child scrapbook about the family will reinforce the importance of family connectedness in his or her life.
- What does your child like about each family member?
- Does your girl or boy like being part of the family? Why?
- Does your kid like being the first-born, middle-born, in-between or baby of the family?
- What does your child like about his or her grandparents?
- What are the family chores that your kid handle?
- Does your kid have a favorite pet? What does your child like about the pet? Get your kid to draw a picture of the pet.
- Funny incidents that took place in the family.
- Typical day at home. What's the daily activities that take place?
- List of fun things your kid did with the family like sporting events, camping, and picnics.
- Favorite family vacations. Where did you go and what did your kid do?
- What's your kid's most memorable memories about the family?
- Record the cultural heritage of the family.
- Suggest that your kid draw a family portrait.
C) Story of School Days
School is where the child will improve his or her fine-motor, language, art, math, problem-solving, expanding ideas and social skills. Many unforgettable memories will be formed here and your child would want to scrap these days.
- Favorite subject at school. Why?
- Favorite teacher. What does your kid like about this teacher?
- Describe a typical day at school.
- Describe the items in your kid's backpack. Photo of those items.
- What does your kid like about his or her school?
- Where does he or she usually hang out?
- List of fun things your kid do with his or her classmates.
- What extracurricular activities or clubs do you kid join? Since this is a personal choice, why did he or she choose it?
- Who does your kid usually sit with at lunch?
- Who are your kid's favorite classmates? What do your child like about them?
- What are the memorable field trips?
D) Story of Friends
Friends are crucial in the development of a kid's growth. By scrapbooking the theme of friendship, he or she will learn the importance of friends, and to dwell on the positive aspects of friendship.
- Who are your kid's best friends?
- What do your kid like about them?
- What do your kids usually do when they are together?
- Where are the places your kid love to hang out with them? Why?
- What are the qualities your kid admire in his or her friends?
E) Story of Dreams
Children has the amazing ability to daydream, imagine and dream big! You might want to encourage your kid to explore all the different possibilities. You'll probably have to give more guidance about journaling future jobs, things they want to achieve, homes and the lifestyle they want to lead.
- What does like your kid want to become when he or she grows up? Why?
- What are the duties included in the job?
- Who are the famous/ordinary people with the career your kid admires? Photo of these people?
- What are the qualities of the people with the career your kid dream of?
- What kind of home your kid want to live in the future? Draw a picture of the dream house.
- Does your kid want to be married in future? How many kids your child want to have? What are the qualities your kid look for in his or her partner?
- List of top ten things your kid wanted most to do in his or her life.
- What does kids imagine he or she will be doing during free time?
- If your kid can have superpower, what does your kid want it to be? Why?
- If money is no object, what would you child want to do with the money. Why?
These are some of the common themes you and your kid can cover. There's many more. But these ideas will be a leaping pad to more ideas.
Happy scrapping childhood stories!
About the author:
Feel free to use the this article provided it is published inits entirety, with the resource box and a "live" clickable linkto: http://www.everything-about-scrapbooking.com
Warning: readfile(http://www.rss-info.com/rss2.php?integration=php&windowopen=1&rss=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.google.com%2Fnews%3Fsourceid%3Dnavclient%26ie%3DUTF-8%26rls%3DGGLG%2CGGLG%3A2005-22%2CGGLG%3Aen%26q%3Dhobbies%26output%3Drss&number=10&width=300&ifbgcol=FFFFFF&bordercol=D0D0D0&textbgcol=F0F0F0&rssbgcol=F0F0F0&showrsstitle=1&showtext=1) [function.readfile]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/beadl/public_html/inc/rss.inc on line 5
Coin Collecting - A Fun Hobby
Over the years, collecting coins has grown from being just a hobby to becoming a full-blown enterprise with numerous Internet sites devoted to coins. Over the next several weeks, I will give you a little background about coin collecting to help those who want to pursue this as a hobby and maybe even make some money in the process.
Jewelry and the Art of Selling
Two of the most frequently asked questions we get at the Online Jewelry Appraisal Center is:"How do I sell an item of Antique or Estate Jewelry?" or..
My Greatest Stamp Find
I have been involved with stamps nearly my entire life. My first collection was as a ten-year old boy collecting with my neighborhood buddies.
Copyright: Five Facts Every Scrapbooker Needs To Know!
Here are five basic things that EVERY scrapbooker should know about copyright:#1--When you create an original scrapbook layout, card or other project (not from a sketch, scraplift or idea book) you AUTOMATICALLY own the copyright. No, you don't have to add a copyright notice.
Woodworking Tools: Right Selection And Care Will Save You Money, Part 5
Woodworking: Tools Of The Trade, Part 5 - Tools For AssemblyA civilization's maturity and intelligence is judged, in part, by the diversity and sophistication of its tools. When it comes to woodworking, the human race is quite advanced.
Easy Crafts for Kids - Help with Learning
According to the research on child cognitive development, making use of basic easy crafts for kids can stimulate their mental growth and enhance the learning process. Since early times, mankind has always known that early crafts for kids taught some important lessons.
Make Your Own Citronella Candles
Need a cost effective way to get rid of mosquitoes? Try making your own citronella candles and eliminate mosquitoes while providing a romantic, outdoor setting. Making citronella candles is easy and can cost as little as $0.
Soap Making For Beginners - Melt And Pour Process
As you will learn, soap making can be simple or complex. Some people enjoy the challenge of going all out professionally, which is fine.
Pump Up Your Life with Scrapbook Pages of Certainty
If you can voice enthusiastically that scrapbooking is your passion, could you say the same thing about how you feel towards yourself?Yes, can you tell others without turning all red in the face that you are passionate about yourself and about who you are?Are you thinking what a Weird remark to make to others? Could anyone ever be passionate about themselves?But why not?Do you really want to wait a lifetime for that someone to tell you that they're passionate about you, while you can't say the same thing about yourself?As scrapbookers, you might deliberately or unknowingly be consumed with the business of scrapbooking your kids' or your loved ones' lives. And all these time neglecting to do pages on yourself.
Kids Crafts: Balloons, Bubbles & Balls #1
Craft: Colored Bubbles Activities: Flyswatter Bubbles, Cotton Ball Pickup, Balloon Water Fun Snack: Chewy Popcorn Balls Reading Selection: The Twenty-One Balloons by William Pene du BoisCRAFT: Colored BubblesNeed: dishwashing detergentfood coloring or washable painta strawpaper shallow panDirections: Mix about 1/2 dishwashing detergent, and 1/3 of water in a shallow pan(cold or hot)mix any kind of food coloring until you get the ideal color you want. If you use paint, make sure it is washable.
It is Possible to Create All Kinds of Items with Hobby Metal Casting
Hobby Metal Casting enables the home metal craft worker to createuseful products to use around the: -HOME-WORKSHOP-GARDEN or WORKPLACE- Or turn your skills into cash.Yes,you could also make your own unique products for next to nothing to sell at markets, direct mail, or on the internet etc for big profits.
Craft Fairs, Bazaars & Flea Markets?Oh, My!
Many names are associated with events such as these. Craft Fairs, Bazaars, Flea Markets and Swap Meets are a few names you can find.
Rainy Day Fun - Crafts For Kids
Rainy days can be so boring for a child?and just as hard on moms. So we give some ideas to brighten your day and chase their rainy day blues away!Shadow puppetsIn a room that is fairly dark set up a flash light so it is facing a wall.
Woodworking: Protection When Working With Wood - Ignoring Could Potentially Harm Your Health Or Kill
Woodworking: Basic Safety TipsWoodworking can be a dangerous undertaking if you are not careful and choose to disregard safety guidelines. A circular saw, router, or other piece of power equipment can disfigure and even kill if not used properly.
Personally, I have become fascinated with gemstones (precious and semi-precious stones). I am amazed at the array of colors and properties of these little treasures found in the earth.
Leather CareWhen buying leather, the best thing you can do is ask the people who you buy it from, what the manufacturer recommends for leather care and cleaning. Don't forget to ask what other products may work well for leather care too, as there may be something you're more comfortable using.
How to Make Personalized Candle Gifts From Ordinary Candles
If you are looking for a fun gift to make for any occasion, then personalized candle making may be something you would like to consider. There are many ways to make personalized candles, depending on how much time and money you are willing to spend.
Antiques From Europe...Is It Really The Goose That Layed the Golden Egg?
Many dealers and auctioneers have been bringing container loads of antiques from Europe for years now. The lure of getting "fresh to the market" antique furniture and "smalls" is something that can bring renewed excitement back into your antique business.
Turn An Arts And Crafts Hobby Into A Business
Are you searching for a quick way to make an extra income?Why not turn that Cooking Interest, Comic Book Collecting, or Your Retro Clothing Collection Into A Home Based Business Venture!Most people enjoy hobbies they have pursued with great enthusiasm for years. Even though they may find their leisure activities fulfilling and enjoyable they never imagined making money with a fun hobby!The world is packed with amazingly talented people.
Cleaning Silk Bouquets In 3 Simple Steps
How To Clean A Silk BouquetA Silk bouquet can last a lot longer than a bouquet made of real flowers, but it will still droop, and get dusty, over time. Fortunately a little bit of preventive care can go a long way towards keeping your bouquet looking like new.
Sell Your Beads & Crafts Online.
We are part of a 28,000+ high traffic classified website network.
Post Your Free Picture Classified Ads Today
|BeadLinks.com Home | Directory of Crafts & Hobbies Listings | Browse Crafts & Hobbies From Top | The Down The Street Bead Show|