|BeadLinks.com Home | Directory of Craft & Hobby Articles | Browse Craft & Hobby Articles from the Top | The Down The Street Bead Show
Articles on Artistic Creativity
How to Make Your Own Soap Favors for Weddings and Baby Showers
Want to make soap as a gift for your party guests? Here are some simple tips for making soap gifts and favors:
1. There are literally hundreds of different ingredients that can be used for soap making. Basically, you will need the following - soap chips or soap base, essential or fragrance oil for scent, and colorants. You will also need a soap mold and a pot to melt the soap in.
2. The easiest way to make soap is to take an already made bar of soap and melt it down. The bar will already have all the ingredients you need in it. You can then pour the soap into a mold of your choice or shape it as desired. Or you can use a cookie cutter or knife to shape it while it is still warm.
3. If you are using raw ingredients, simply pour and mix them in the mold of your choice.
4. Heating - Make sure to heat the soap slowly to prevent combustion or degradation of smell. 130°F - 155°F is a good general range, although there are slight variations depending on what ingredients you use. Try not to leave the soap unattended for long periods of time while heating.
5. Scent - You won't need too much fragrance oil to scent your soap because scented oil is generally highly concentrated and strong. 0.5-1oz of oil is sufficient to scent a whole pound of soap. The amount you use will depend on the strength of the oil, which varies based on the scent. Mix the oil in with the soap while heating.
6. Coloring - Once again, you will probably not need to much coloring agent. Add a few drops at a time and watch the color change.
7. Mold selection - You can select molds that are themed to your occasion or just use a standard bar mold. For weddings, angels, hearts, and wedding cakes are popular shapes. For baby showers, baby carriages, bottles, and Disney characters are some common themes. The soap can also be carved. If you use a standard bar mold, you can still add personalized themed tags.
8. Finishing touches - After your soap is made, seal it inside a cellophane bag, organza bag, or gift box. Add a favor charms, personalized tag, and message and you have a nice favor for your guest.
Generally, you will want soaps that are 1oz - 3oz in size. These gifts will be used by your guests and are a simple, but effective way to say thank you.
Criss White is a professional web writer on baby and new mother topics for baby and pregnancy websites. See Baby Shower Soap Favors for more soap favor ideas and Make Your Own Baby Shower Favors for other related baby shower supplies.
Note: If you find this article useful, you may reprint it on your website, e-zine, or in your newsletter as long as the credits and resource box remain in tact and the hyperlinks are active.
Warning: readfile(http://www.rss-info.com/rss2.php?integration=php&windowopen=1&rss=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.google.com%2Fnews%3Fsourceid%3Dnavclient%26ie%3DUTF-8%26rls%3DGGLG%2CGGLG%3A2005-22%2CGGLG%3Aen%26q%3Dhobbies%26output%3Drss&number=10&width=300&ifbgcol=FFFFFF&bordercol=D0D0D0&textbgcol=F0F0F0&rssbgcol=F0F0F0&showrsstitle=1&showtext=1) [function.readfile]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/beadl/public_html/inc/rss.inc on line 5
Creative Soap Crafts
Soap is a craft that is fun and easy to make. It's a great project to do with your kids.
The Use of Color and Photographs in Your New Scrapbook
Color coordination and contrast will highlight and accent your scrapbook. A well thought out color scheme can help define the theme of a page, attract attention to specific items, or detract away from mistakes.
Are You Making Money At Craft Shows?
If you are involved in the crafts business, and are profitable, you are among the rare breed who have successfully combined art with business. If, however, you still have yet to show a profit (or enough profit) after a show, this article may get you going in the right direction.
10 Reasons to Create and Give a Gift Basket!
10. A Themed Gift Basket is for everyone and every occasion.
Organize That Stash!
Do you control your stash or does it control you? I have become the master of my stash. When my husband found out that his sock drawer had become yet another place for cross stitch supplies, it was either get it under control or end up in divorce court.
Be Your Own Way, but Still Use the Safe Tools
It is so often that people are not aware with the tools they use when doing their home improvement. Sometimes they use wrong tools just because they want something quick to be done.
The Nuts and Bolts of Vintage Tin Toys
Before Game Boy and Play Station, there were tin toys. During their heyday, these whimsical toys amused children for hours.
Making Your Own Bird Feeder
There is estimated to be over 100 billion individual wild birds on earth, and each one needs to eat certain amounts of food on a daily basis in order to survive. That's where we come in! Birdfeeders are fun to make and are essential in order for birds to live.
Scrapbooking Tips And Tricks For Photos And Images
When you're incorporating pictures of any kind into your scrap book, why not set them off with an unusual finish? This could be an original idea for a border or frame -- or an arrangement of several items on the page to add a little drama. Here are a couple of tips that might do well for a children's album -- perhaps a keepsake baby scrapbook, or just a page for a boy or girl.
Create A Gift Basket For A Dog Lover!
The choice of what gift to give your family and friends can often be a difficult one. One of the best gifts that you can give is a gift basket.
How To Make a Pinata
MATERIALSA Large Round or Oval BalloonNewspaper, torn into 1 inch by 6-8" inch stripsWhite computer paper or paper towels,torn into stripsFlour and water mixture for paper mache pasteSaltVegetable oilPaintTissue paperCrepe paperString or yarn for hangingINSTRUCTIONSPrepare:Prepare your work surface with a layer of newspaper you can discard, or an old plastic tablecloth you can wipe clean of goop and glops which are part of this messy project!Tear several pages of newspaper into strips, approximately 1 inch wide by 6-8 inches long. Don't try to be neat and cut them with scissors; the torn edges will adhere more closely and give a smoother overall surface to the finished pinata.
Scary Halloween Crafts
Looking for some great Halloween crafts for your Halloween party, haunted house, or just for trick-or-treaters?A fun craft is something that can keep you occupied for hours on end especially if you enjoy it. Here are some ideas that will hopefully set you on your way in preparation for your next Halloween.
Use Order and Text to Give Life to Your Scrapbook
There are no specific rules stating that all photographs or mementos must be placed in chronological order. Therefore, it is completely up you the order you wish to place your items and embellishments.
Simple, and Stylish Wedding Reception Centerpiece: Craft Project
This simple, yet elegant table centerpiece is a great way to make a fancy "to do" at each table, without breaking the bank.This is so easy, even a child can do it! I had my 8 year old son help me.
Scrapbooking Yourself as an Individual, Homemaker, Worker, and More
From age 25 onwards, our grand adventure has just unfolded as we embrace adulthood.Here's where you experienced first-hand the lessons of life and be prodded along to grow up in the face of challenges.
A Look at Cloisonné Lapel Pins
Cloisonné lapel pins are the most traditional, if not the most collectible of the lapel pin types. Most of the older lapel pins are either die-cast metal or cloisonné.
Diecast Collectibles: The Collectors' Guide to Making a Profit
Millions of people have made a hobby of collecting items ofone sort or another, but some take it to a higher level. These collectors view their collections as more than just an accumulation of trinkets that they happen to enjoy; to them, it's a business, and they're not in it to lose money.
Making a Chunk Candle
Making chunk candles is an and fun activity for all ages. A unique technique using wax chunks of different colors gives the finished candle a beautiful texture and look.
Use Tags and Embellishments to Give Your Scrapbooks that Personal Yet Professional Touch
Tags are a little added touch of professionalism that adds to the overall well thought out look to your scrapbook. Tags can be used for accents, captions, and thought bubbles as well as dedications.
Genealogy - Why You Should Get Involved in Your Family History
A few years ago I read a statistic that said that genealogy was the second largest hobby in the United States - second only to gardening. It was no surprise to me as I have been finding and documenting my family tree for almost 30 years.
Sell Your Beads & Crafts Online.
We are part of a 28,000+ high traffic classified website network.
Post Your Free Picture Classified Ads Today
|BeadLinks.com Home | Directory of Crafts & Hobbies Listings | Browse Crafts & Hobbies From Top | The Down The Street Bead Show|