|BeadLinks.com Home | Directory of Craft & Hobby Articles | Browse Craft & Hobby Articles from the Top | The Down The Street Bead Show
Articles on Artistic Creativity
10 Slam-Dunk Crafts For Little Kids -- And Bigger Kids Too!
Crafting with young children really isn't about creating something in particular. Most young children don't have the foresight to see what a project is going to be.
For young children it's more important that they have the opportunity to play and experiment with art. Kids need to use as many of their senses as possible to get the most out of crafting. This allow them to try new sensory experiences, as well as learn causal relationships.
These are my 10 favorite crafts for little kids based on all that AND the 'fun factor.'
1. Finger painting: Finger painting is a wonderful activity for kids. It lets them 'feel' the craft as well as be creative. You don't have to have finger paints to do this activity with kids. You can finger paint with homemade paint, watercolors or even mud. You can also experiment with adding other things to the paint such as sand or glitter.
2. Yarn Painting: Dip pieces of string or yarn into paint and then drag it across the paper to paint with it. It's a good experience to paint with something other than a brush and you can just throw the yarn away when finished.
3. Q-Tip Painting: Use Q-tips to create a painting. There are lots of ways to use a Q-tip - scrub, dot, or use it like a brush. It's a good coordination exercise because Q-tips are small around, but it also provides a lot of interest for the child.
4. Glue Art: Draw squiggle lines on a piece of paper or let the child use their finger to make random glue spots or patterns on a piece of paper. Experiment with adding different objects to the glue. Sand, glitter, cotton, yarn, feathers, and tissue paper all work well.
5. Salt Dough Sculpture: Make a batch of salt dough and turn the kids loose with it. You don't have to worry about them eating it (it's safe and tastes terrible) and clean up is easier than play dough. If you want to keep their creations, let them dry overnight and then paint them the next day.
6. Toe Painting: If it's a warm summer day, put on the swimsuits, put some finger paint into pie tins, lay out large sheets of poster paper, and let them 'paint' all afternoon. They will have a ball and all you have to do is hose them off when they are done (that's my kids' favorite part actually!)
7. Found Object Art: This project is always a sure thing because kids love to 'discover' things. Let your child gather up leaves, sticks, flowers, etc. and then glue them onto a piece of paper. When they are done, let them tell you about their collection.
8. Peanut Pictures: Every kid loves to play with packing peanuts -- but it makes such a mess. Let them create pictures with them instead. Kids can draw on them, glue them to a sheet of paper, or glue the peanuts to each other to make a sculpture. The kids will love it!
9. Sticker Play: Turn your child loose with a bunch of stickers, markers, and a sheet of paper and let them create. It's good for little ones to work on their coordination, and it's fun!
10. Stamping: Kids love to use any kind of stamps. My favorites are the self-inking stamps or the double-sided markers with the stamps on one end. This may sound like pure play, but is also teaches young children cause and effect.
Chris Yates makes it Easy to craft with Little Kids andCreate a little Magic Time with Hundreds of Project Ideas. Visit Little Kid Crafts Now!
Warning: readfile(http://www.rss-info.com/rss2.php?integration=php&windowopen=1&rss=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.google.com%2Fnews%3Fsourceid%3Dnavclient%26ie%3DUTF-8%26rls%3DGGLG%2CGGLG%3A2005-22%2CGGLG%3Aen%26q%3Dhobbies%26output%3Drss&number=10&width=300&ifbgcol=FFFFFF&bordercol=D0D0D0&textbgcol=F0F0F0&rssbgcol=F0F0F0&showrsstitle=1&showtext=1) [function.readfile]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/beadl/public_html/inc/rss.inc on line 5
The Making of a Slipcover: A Lost Art
Today in this world of fast everything, most of us just don't have the time (nor patience) to do an all consuming job of making a slipcover. We go buy them and not always are they what we want.
How to Make a Childs Handprint on a Ceramic Tile
This is a fun craft to do with a group of moms and their kids, one child per adult works the best. Each mom will need:---One soft brush, any size but 1/2" works the best---One jar of "One-Stroke Ceramic underglaze", either Duncan E-Z Stroke or Gare One-Stroke.
With candle making, there are hardly any limits. You can replicate lots of things with your creativity.
Do You Really Know What You're Buying?
Recently, I had the opportunity to attend a popular gift show in my local area. My purpose in attending this gift show was to scope out my competition and the quality of their soy candles compared to what I offer.
Organize That Stash!
Do you control your stash or does it control you? I have become the master of my stash. When my husband found out that his sock drawer had become yet another place for cross stitch supplies, it was either get it under control or end up in divorce court.
Family Fun on the Rails
Imagine your are five years old. As your family arrives at the train station, your hand slips free of your Mom's and you dash over to the tracks.
Civil War Uniforms: 5 Tips on Making Your Trousers Last Forever!
Are your pants wearing out too fast?Does it look like you are expecting a flood because your pants are too short?Make your Civil War Uniform trousers last forever by following these 5 tips!1. Cut your trousers long, so when you first start wearing them you will have to roll them up a few times.
Sewing Embroidery Designs in New Ways
How many of you are always looking for new ways to use your embroidery designs - always, or never? If never, you are overlooking wonderful opportunities! Do you optimize the use of every design? Do you routinely review your library of designs to see if you can combine motifs from one set with another? Have you noticed how embroidery design styles have changed over the past few years? Give those old motifs a new look by using the designs that you got way back when, again! Add new motifs under, or around, them to create a whole new look! My last big project, a wind jacket back, is a good example of what anyone can do with a little time and imagination!With fall already upon us, I wanted something tropical in my wardrobe as it's still every where in ready-to-wear & home dec. The colors are just as exciting as leaves turning colors.
A Few Tips About Comic Book Backing Boards
Comic Book Backing Boards come in different thicknesses and acid-free properties. The basic purpose for using a backing board is to give the comic some stiffness, which helps keep the comic pages from bending, creasing or wrinkling.
How to Make Quilted Silver Beads
After making the leaf bead, I was impressed with the detail made possible by the metal clay. Therefore, I decided to use the same technique but create a different look.
Woodworking: The Best Wood For Beginners
Woodworking: Know Your WoodWood is made of cellulose fibers, held together with a property called lignin, and is classified as hardwood or softwood, depending on the type of tree from which it comes. In addition, sapwood or new growth wood on a tree is still alive, while heartwood refers to the part of the tree that is no longer functioning.
Making a Living Making Soap-Questions to Ask Before You Begin
Soap making can be a wonderful hobby but if you've ever thought of turning your hobby into a business you know how overwhelming the idea can be. Here are some questions to help you think through your decision:*How much of a business do you want to be? Do you really want to this to be a full-time job? Or would you rather just make a couple hundred bars a year for your church fundraiser? Your answer to this question will determine your next steps.
PE-Design Embroidery Digitizing Software: Getting Started
This article is in response to the emails I receive from my website asking for my thoughts on PE-Design. If you are considering purchasing embridery digitizing programs, I hope this information will help your research.
Collectibles: Searching for those Hard-to-Find Diecast Models
For collectors of any kind, there are always those items that are much sought after, but nearly impossible to find. If they're lucky enough to finally locate them, the price is often exorbitant or there are some other restrictions which inhibit their ability to secure them.
Gold Jewelry Hallmarking Secrets Revealed
We should be familiar with the BASIC hallmarks mentioned on the website. It might pay you to read them again, just to bring you up to speed and ensure you have grasped the principles.
The Nuts and Bolts of Vintage Tin Toys
Before Game Boy and Play Station, there were tin toys. During their heyday, these whimsical toys amused children for hours.
Diecast Collectibles: The Collectors' Guide to Making a Profit
Millions of people have made a hobby of collecting items ofone sort or another, but some take it to a higher level. These collectors view their collections as more than just an accumulation of trinkets that they happen to enjoy; to them, it's a business, and they're not in it to lose money.
Functional Pottery Makes a Great Gift, Plain and Simple
Are you looking for something unique to give a friend or family member for an upcoming birthday or holiday? If you really want to wow that special someone, why not consider purchasing an original one of a kind pottery gift that makes life better in some way.Pottery gifts come in all shapes, sizes, and colors and they can be practical or extravagant.
Turn An Arts And Crafts Hobby Into A Business
Are you searching for a quick way to make an extra income?Why not turn that Cooking Interest, Comic Book Collecting, or Your Retro Clothing Collection Into A Home Based Business Venture!Most people enjoy hobbies they have pursued with great enthusiasm for years. Even though they may find their leisure activities fulfilling and enjoyable they never imagined making money with a fun hobby!The world is packed with amazingly talented people.
Need A Scrapbook Journaling Idea?
Try using song lyrics in your next layout.Song lyrics can be a great source of title and page inspiration for a scraper.
Sell Your Beads & Crafts Online.
We are part of a 28,000+ high traffic classified website network.
Post Your Free Picture Classified Ads Today
|BeadLinks.com Home | Directory of Crafts & Hobbies Listings | Browse Crafts & Hobbies From Top | The Down The Street Bead Show|